COVID-19 Testing at Village Pediatrics
Are you looking for a COVID-19 test for your child? Village Pediatrics is offering rapid and PCR tests for your child with a telehealth visit. Keep reading for some commonly asked questions.
How can I schedule a telehealth appointment?
To schedule an appointment, please text us at your preferred location below:
Village Pediatrics Plano (469) 382-3796
Village Pediatrics Frisco (972) 525-7381
You can also schedule an appointment online through the Village Pediatrics website or request an appointment through your patient portal.
Learn what to expect during a telehealth appointment by clicking here.
When will my child have their COVID-19 test?
Their COVID-19 test will be administered on the day and time your child’s provider chooses.
When will the test results come back?
Rapid test results are expected within 24 hours. If your child’s rapid test is negative their PCR test will be sent to the lab. You can expect to receive their PCR test results in 48 – 72 hours. This time frame can vary and is dependent on the amount of testing currently being performed.
What do I do if the test comes back positive?
Please follow your provider’s advice and treatment plan. At this time, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that you:
- Stay home – try to stay in one designated room to avoid exposing others.
- Stay hydrated – it’s important to keep hydrated in order to get well. Drink water, broth, or juice.
- Wear a mask – prevent the spread of COVID-19 in your household by wearing a mask (not recommended for those ages 2 or younger).
- Wash your hands – wash with soap under warm water for at least 20 seconds to keep germs away.
- Tell close contacts – tell others who may have been exposed so they can take proper precautions and get tested.
- Monitor symptoms – if anyone starts experiencing trouble breathing, their skin turns pale or blue, or experiences chest pain, call 911.
Schedule your child’s telehealth visit and COVID-19 test by clicking here.