What you need to know about televisits and the steps we're taking
We want to keep you and all other patients safe, so we are taking every precaution to stay ahead of the spread of the virus.
We are in contact with all appropriate health departments to have the most up-to-date information, and we are following all CDC guidelines on prevention.
In addition to our regular disease prevention practices – sanitizing exam rooms, providing masks to sick patients, patient education and more – we are also taking these steps:
- Supplying extra hand sanitizer throughout our office and the building for you and other patients to use
- Screening patients for symptoms, travel history and contact history
- Recommending telehealth appointments for patients who don't want to come into the office.
How do you telehealth?
Some people telehealth from their beds while others prefer sitting at their kitchen tables. Some even chat with a physician from their office! However you telehealth, Village Health Partners can take care of you.
Here’s what you need to know about televisits:
- You can see a physician for many things through telehealth! Your physician can diagnose your symptoms and even prescribe you medicine (if needed) through a telehealth visit!
- Your costs are the same as an in-person office visit! Cash-pay patients qualify for a 30% discount. Find your cost here.
- In most cases, telehealth visits are covered by insurance during this time, including Medicare and Medicare Advantage plans!
- To video chat with one of our physicians, you will need access to our Patient Portal on a video-capable computer, or you will need to download the Healow app on your smartphone. Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to log in for your visit.
Are you ready to schedule a telehealth visit? Call (214) 473-2200 to schedule an appointment.